- Office: Silver Bell Group
- Department: IT
Are you ready to join a fast-growing outsourcing company that offers various growth opportunities?
Silver Bell Group success started 7 years ago and today its local team has more than 400 people.
In cooperation with our partner, we are looking for an experienced Database Administrator.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to work alongside our aggregation platform, games, DevOps/TechOps and operations teams and help them throughout the development and support process. This is a great opportunity to join the development team that is creative, fast-growing, agile, and build a Data Team around your leadership.
- Extensive experience of MySQL version 5.1+ and have carried out upgrades of Major, Minor and Patch versions
- Experience in High Availability tech stack including Galera Cluster, ProxySQL, HAProxy
- In-depth knowledge of various storage engines used within MySQL and MariaDB
- Experience in designing database infrastructure to meet technical and business requirements
- Experience in the Gaming industry is a plus
- Experience in deploying and managing backup/restore strategies for large databases
- Experience in using git for database development and deployment
- Strong performance-tuning skills in databases handling high transaction rates with many terabytes of data
- SQL Development experience including writing, troubleshooting and optimizing queries
- Knowledge of tools for database monitoring, management, and automation (e.g. ClusterControl, Percona)
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) clustering and management
- Good communication skills and able to interface with architecture, development, and operations teams
- Worked in an agile/Kanban environment and be comfortable with rejecting low priority demands when pipeline if full of high priority tasks.
- Provide a resilient, stable, and performant database platform
- Provide dashboards to management to show capacity
- Provide ongoing performance improvements through optimizations enabling the system to easily handle spikes in transaction rate due to demand and/or promotions
- Build systems on an ‘expect failure’ principle providing available/resilient systems
- Work in an agile way providing visibility to work and outcomes
- Ensure that backups are run, tested, and verified across all critical databases
- Develop alerting systems from the monitors including anomaly detection to ensure that both the DBA team and management are aware of emerging issues
Join our tech team if you are:
- Pragmatic in your approach and maintain perspective
- A good listener, clear communicator, and a team player
- Able to evolve yourself as the business grows
- Able to articulate deliverables as value streams and business outcomes
Feel free to share this job opportunity with your friends.